Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Definition of Cheating - The Results!

Hey guys! Sorry it has been so long between posts, I was waiting for this article to be published before I updated!

So, a while ago I asked everyone for their definition of cheating. I did this via a poll on this blog and through Facebook. Huge thanks to everyone who participated and helped me out on this. It was fascinating to hear so many different opinions. They were quite varied, though most agreed on the main factors. If you want to take a look and see what was said - and if your comment made it, take a look! The Definition of Cheating in a Relationship

3 comments:

  1. Great points! I do consider flirting/texting cheating, as I have experienced it first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While this is a very interesting sociological exercise and while I usually enjoy taking polls and participating, I skipped this one because I don't know how to define cheating.

    I've been in a successful "semi-open relationship" for five years and by eliminating the cheating/jealously aspect, I've not had an issue, but I've had such issues in the past in other relationships, so I really don't know how to define it or where it starts and ends.

    Maybe at any of those places if the "cheater" is willing to leave you for this other person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall - I kinda agree with you. As much as I would like to think that if they haven't done anything physical it doesn't count - it definitely does. It is still very, very wrong.

    Zona - It is hard to define as a whole because it varies for every relationship. If both parties are happy to be in an open relationship then it isn't a problem - though I think if the agreement is to tell the other if they are seeing someone else and they don't it is stil possible to cheat in an open relationship. If that makes any sense? (Lol, sorry, it's very early!)

    ReplyDelete