Saturday, 18 September 2010

Weight gain - should you mention it?

There are times when I really struggle with my weight. I am not enormously overweight but I am in the middle of a phase where my clothes are beginning to get too tight or - shock horror - not fit at all! That's one of the most obvious signs of weight gain (besides idiots driving past you in a car when you're innocently walking down the street and yelling 'Look at the size of that ass!')

It got me thinking - why did nobody mention I was gaining weight before I got to this point? Perhaps it's because they knew I would be mad - or perhaps they understood it was just....rude to do so.

When you are in a relationship, pointing out your partner's flaws should be done with caution, particularly if it involves weight loss. Take a look at this article for further advice and information about talking about weight. Should You Tell Your Partner They Have Gained Weight?

4 comments:

  1. It's very interesting to see how this is handled. What might work for one person, won't for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have gained since being in my relationship. If he mentioned it, that might have been his last breath! :) Seriously though, if it becomes a health concern, it should definitely be mentioned.

    ReplyDelete