Tuesday, 12 April 2011

J is for Jealousy

If you look through my dating articles, you will find several covering the topic of jealousy. The reason? I happen to have a lot of experience in the area. I have never been in a relationship with someone who is jealous - I am the jealous one.

It's one of the worst, and most useless feelings in the world. It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make a person less likely to cheat, it is simply a waste of energy. When I realised this, everything slid into focus. Why be jealous when you can be happy?

It's not easy to change the thought processes of a lifetime. It takes a lot of effort, willpower and internal strength to stop unfounded accusations come flying out of your mouth. But with time it really does get easier.

Ways to Deal With Your Jealousy

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I never even think of jealously. It does make life easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a jealous person, especially because of relationships passed! *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - I bet it does!!

    Kendall - Same for me too :(

    ReplyDelete