Monday, 18 April 2011

O is for Older Men

When I was five years old, I was in love with Patrick Swayze and from then on I have always had a thing for older men!

I can't say for sure why I have always liked them so much, though I'm inclined to believe it has something to do with feeling safe and secure. I've dated men my own age, but for some reason older men have always held much more appeal.

It's no big surprise that I am with an older man now - and there is a pretty significant age gap between us - but it works for us!

The Benefits of Dating an Older Man

6 comments:

  1. I married a man 7 years old than me the first time. I didn't think it was a big deal but what we wanted to do was much different. I wanted to go out and dance, and he wanted to sit on the couch and watch television. Looking back, it was probably more of what we wanted in life rather than our age difference that made for problems. I am glad it is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the maturity factor can really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went the opposite direction and married a man 5 years younger than me. It really works for us. :) But honestly I think relationships are more about the people in them, than the ages of the people in them (within reason of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age shouldn't matter as long as everything else 'fits'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness is all that matters--the rest is just details. :O)


    My “O” post: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/old-mother-hubbard-economic-reality.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dated plenty of older men but ended up marrying someone - and now I'm the "older" woman.

    ReplyDelete